Plus bikes climb like a mountain goat and grab the trail like a vice on the corners and descents for a fast, playful ride. These bikes are the perfect platform for the beginner or intermediate rider looking to really boost their trail-blasting abilities, while promising more advanced riders an agile bike that holds the ground like a DH rig.
The perfect partner for a session on loose rocky Summer trails or a Winter mudfest, Plus bikes push you to hold more speed, brake less and go wider on the berms. They also give you the traction to forgive a less-than-perfect line in all conditions.
Plus bikes are rapidly becoming the norm in Mountain Biking. Sharing many of the characteristics of it’s bigger brothers, the Vice 1.0 is a great entry point to this new standard in trail riding:
- Dialled performance trail geometry on a lightweight alloy frame.
Tapered headtube and front/rear rack mounts for those bike packing adventures.
- Suntour XCR suspension forks with 15mm thru axle for extra rigidity on the front end to inspire confidence on the trails.
- Features a slack 68 degree head angle, 760mm wide bars and short 60mm stem for hitting technical sections at pace.
- Shimano Altus 2×9 gearing (11-34T cassette) and a Prowheel double chainset with 28/40T chainring sizes.
- The big rubber on a 27+ lets you tweak your setup to largely compensate for the loss of suspension in the front when hitting the rough stuff. The frame is suspension corrected though making the addition of suspension forks an easy upgrade down the track.
- Tektro Mechanical Disc brakes (180mm front, 160mm rear) for strong, reliable control and stopping power.
- Big traction from 2.8” wide Kenda Havoc Sport tires mounted to double walled 27.5+ specific 40mm wide rims.
- Lifetime frame warranty for your peace of mind, and one year on non-consumable parts
|Frame||REID custom 6061-T6 alloy 27+ specific|
|Fork||Suntour XCR 32-LO with 15QLC thru axle|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M2000|
|Front derailleur||Shimano Alivio M4000|
|Rear derailleur||Shimano Altus M2000 Shadow|
|Freewheel / cassette||Shimano HG201, 9-speed cassette (11-34T)|
|Chainset||Prowheel Zephyr 40/28T|
|Bottom bracket||Neco sealed bearing|
|Brakes||Tektro mechanical disc (180mm front, 160mm rear)|
|Brake levers||Promax alloy|
|Wheelset rim||REID 27.5 x 40mm disc specific double walled alloy|
|Hub||Joytech disc specific QR, rear with 141mm spacing|
|Tires||Kenda Havoc Sport 27.5 x 2.8"|
|Handlebars||REID oversize alloy riser bar, 760mm|
|Stem||REID 1 1/8 threadless alloy|
|Grips||Velo rubber with anodized lock ring|
|Seatpost||REID alloy 31.6mm micro adjust|
|Pedals||Alloy MTB, 9/16" steel axle|